Marketing & Events Manager of Health, Fitness, and Athletics
Noble Network of Charter Schools
February 9, 2018
Full-time - Experienced
High School Sports
4 Year Degree
Noble Street Charter School opened in 1999 with the mission of preparing Chicago students with the scholarship, discipline and honor needed to excel in college and citizenship. Since that time, Noble has consistently ranked among the highest-performing non-selective schools in the city, while serving an 89% low-income population.
In 2005, the Noble Network of Charter Schools was established to replicate the Noble model in cooperation with the Chicago Public Schools’ Renaissance 2010 program. The Noble Network supports the collective mission of Noble campuses by accessing financial and human resources, administering programs and services that serve the common good of their students and employees, and seeking partnerships for successfully opening additional campuses. We have opened 18 Noble campuses throughout Chicago.
We are seeking a Marketing and Event Manager for the Department of Health, Fitness, and Athletics and the Noble Network Support Team—a team dedicated to providing world-class service to our 17 high school campuses. While this individual directly reports to the Network Director of Health, Fitness and Athletics, he or she will be working closely with our Chief Academic Officer, Chief External Affairs Officer, Network campus principals, and campus health, fitness, and athletic leaders on a daily basis. The goal of the Marketing and Event Manager is to work relentlessly to create the external presentation of the Noble Athletic Conference and NobleFit, both of which aim to be the standard for athletics and physical education throughout the country.
• Student and Staff Significance: Manage all media and marketing efforts to promote individual and team accomplishments as it relates to NobleFit and the Noble Athletic Conference (NAC).
• Event Manager: In conjunction with the Assistant Directors of Health, Fitness, and Athletics, the HFA Marketing and Event Manager will coordinate external events. These include, but are not limited to Noble Athletic Conference Championships, Noble HFA Conferences, Noble Classic 5k and Grit n Wit Challenge, Noble Academic Competitions, NobleFit Games and various other campus competitions.
• Marketing: Create and execute a marketing plan for Noble Health, Fitness, and Athletics. Oversee the continued development of the content and structure of NAC Website and Social Media outlets. Coordinate video marketing and feature stories for Noble staff, coaches and students.
• Student and Staff Recruiting: Attend student and staff recruiting events as a promotion for NobleFit and the Noble Athletic Conference
• Academic Competitions: Spearhead the creation and execution of the Noble Athletic Conference Academic Competition series.
• Grant Research and Development: Work closely with the Director of Health, Fitness and Athletics and the External Affairs team to research and complete all applicable health, fitness and athletic grant opportunities.
• Game Operation Compliance: Work regularly with the Director of Health, Fitness, and Athletics and Assistant Athletic Director to support game operations compliance as it relates to our external branding.
• Promote Mental, Emotional and Physical Fitness: Promote the NobleFit culture through dynamic leadership, communication, service, work ethic and innovation.
• Promote the Six Core Values of Noble Athletics: Promote intentional sportsmanship, team commitment and academic values, game experience, game culture, pristine compliance, and elite professionalism.
Candidate Qualifications & Ideal Traits
• A passion for the continued development of mental, emotional and physical fitness in schools and in the workplace.
• A passion for the life-long education values of sport.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to present in front of large groups.
• Experience with journalism, media, and marketing for athletics at the high school or college level.
• Experience playing or coaching a college sport is preferred, but not required.
• A belief that every student deserves and needs a strong foundation in fitness and health to lead an exemplary life.
• Relentless results-oriented mindset.
• A proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of constituents
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of technology as it relate to social media and marketing of athletics.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The Noble Network of Charter Schools Is An Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Noble Network of Charter Schools
Starting as one school in 1999 on Chicago’s near west side, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has grown to serve over 8,800 students from 70 different communities at 14 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Recently ranked the #15 most transformational high school in the country by Newsweek, Noble sends over 90% of our seniors (84% of whom are first-generation college students) off to college every year.