PeaceHealth is seeking a Communications Specialist - Marketing Communications for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 158991
Responsible for developing communication plans and messages to a variety of internal and external audiences. Facilitate the development, implementation and maintenance of communication channels and vehicles. Ensure the delivery of strategic, timely, and cost efficient marketing communications messages, events and materials. Responsibilities include application of strategic communication and marketing principles, efficient project management, quality execution, excellent interdepartmental communications, and the ability to manage multiple priorities to meet demanding deadlines with a variety of stakeholders and teams.
1. Plan, develop and support internal and external communications and marketing strategies.
2. Communicate with internal customers, department caregivers, and contractors to coordinate the planning, development, production, and evaluation of targeted communications plans, materials, campaigns, electronic media, and media relations.
3. Work collaboratively with communications caregivers and internal customers. Support the development and implementation of effective internal communications throughout PeaceHealth. Monitor effectiveness of communications; make adjustments as needed, manage use of distribution lists, and coordinate message distribution. Assure that internal communications and messages are well integrated into overarching communications plans.
4. Suggest and prepare news releases, story ideas and pitches, fact sheets, op-eds and other materials to assure that PeaceHealth messages are consistently presented in earned and social media. Develop positive relationships with key reporters. Respond to inquiries in a timely fashion. Support Networks in local media relations needs with system wide implications.
5. Create communications plans for significant announcements or developments, to include goals of communication, key audiences/stakeholders, messages, timing, approvals needed and other essential elements. Implement the plan as indicated.
6. Support significant special projects as assigned by department leadership.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in a related field such as English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing.
Minimum of three years of experience required in a public relations or marketing communications setting. Experience in a health care setting preferred.
Proficient presentation skills or a willingness to develop in this area.
Strong writing and project management skills are essential.
Experienced with web communications, social media.
Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Familiarity with desktop publishing software preferred.
PHYSICAL COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires fairly light physical exertion from up to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (up to 65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Eugene , Support Services Building (414) Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 26.71 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.