Position Purpose: The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing Esperanza’s communications with the public, its patients, and its relationships with individual and organizational donors. Primary areas of responsibility are: web, social media and print communications, handling media inquiries, graphic design and content creation and providing support to the External Affairs department in its various fundraising functions.
Corporate Philosophy: It is the obligation of each employee of Esperanza Health Centers to abide by and promote the missions and values of the Health Center to ensure that excellent services are delivered with compassion.
To deliver health and hope for Chicago’s underserved communities.
Bringing compassion, respect and understanding to all those we serve
Striving for excellence and innovation in every aspect of our work
Building a shared sense of community where every person feels welcome and at home
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assume responsibility for Esperanza’s online communications, including social media outreach and website content
2. Explore opportunities and implement strategies to disseminate information about Esperanza Health Centers to the general public through health fairs, tabling events, community events and other activities
3. Assist in the design and production of collateral materials, including posters, brochures, annual reports, organizational newsletters, etc.
4. Create and implement a communication plan to reach Esperanza’s various audiences
5. Work with the other members of the development team to achieve the fundraising goals of organization.
6. As needed, attend meetings with community partners
7. Write selected correspondence and publications as assigned, including fundraising letters, acknowledgements, newsletters, etc. Provide editing and writing support for Esperanza staff.
8. Coordinate graphic design consultants and printers to create and produce publications.
9. Serve as liaison to the media. Process organizational news, prepare stories, write and distribute press releases as necessary.
10. Participate in staff meetings and collaborate with other Esperanza staff to further the mission of the organization.
General Job Requirements:
1. At least five years’ experience in a broad range of development, graphic design, social media and communications work
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish is a must
3. Familiarity with social media platforms, web site design/maintenance tools, and graphic design products (including Adobe suite of products) is required
4. Ability to think creatively and strategically and be a self-starting, independent worker
5. Some degree of knowledge of grassroots advocacy and the broader public policy landscape is a plus
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree. Masters degree in communications, business, non-profits or related field a plus.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Five years of development experience.
About Esperanza Health Centers
Esperanza Health Centers serves an area that is in great need of quality healthcare. Families in Esperanza's service area experience significant economic, educational, and health disparities. More than 53 percent of residents live below twice the poverty level. Large portions of Esperanza's service area have been designated as a Medically Underserved Area and a Health Professional Shortage Area by the Health Resources and Services Administration.
All of our full-time providers and all of our clinical staff are bilingual and bicultural. Our services and programs are carefully tailored to the needs and culture of the communities we serve.
Esperanza Health Centers is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n).
To promote healthy lifestyles & improve our patients’ health through the provision of high quality health care and wellness services in the communities of Chicago’s southwest side.
Esperanza means hope in Spanish. In living up to its name, Esperanza Health Centers envisions healthy communities where resources are woven together, allowing community residents to realize their... full potential through optimum health regardless of immigration status, race/ethnicity, income or ability to obtain insurance.
HOPE: eliminating barriers that restrict access to quality health care.
HEALTH: impacting the community by providing quality integrated primary care and behavioral health services.
FAMILY: building our communities by helping families with prevention and self-care education.