| Advertised Summary Job Description: Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, the Director is responsible for planning and implementing marketing strategies to achieve enrollment and revenue targets for Columbia Business School's MBA programs with a primary focus on the Executive MBA programs (New York, Saturday, Americas, Global, Asia) and a secondary focus on the fulltime MBA program. |
1. Develop marketing plans for each program with specific message points, target audience, geographies, channels, and resources to be engaged; partner with internal and external partners to ensure timely, high-quality implementation of all marketing-driven initiatives.
2. Manage the development and execution of multi-channel media strategy including but not limited to display advertising, SEM, paid social media (sponsored), and print; act as the primary liaison to media agency on all media activity; identify and monitor KPIs across all advertising channels; synthesize data to determine ROI and make campaign optimization recommendations; manage and track media budget.
3. Evolve content marketing strategy to elevate and promote Columbia Business School thought leadership to key target audiences; liaise with internal team members to identify and create relevant content; manage social media consultant and distribution channels.
4. Identify and evaluate new partnership marketing opportunities to elevate brand awareness and increase prospect pools; manage relationships with external partners.
5. Spearhead the implementation of a marketing automation tool for EMBA (i.e.Salesforce Marketing Cloud); work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to optimize CRM capabilities to better implement and track marketing and customer strategies.
6. Supervise Marketing Manager in developing short- and long-term lead generation, nurture, and conversion strategies to achieve business objectives; oversee email marketing planning, execution, data collection, and dashboard production as well as the implementation of other marketing tactics identified.
7. Manage the development, design, production, and utilization of all marketing assets (print, video, and digital collateral and creative) in consultation with the Sr. Director; develop sales and admissions support pieces as necessary; work with internal stakeholders and external agencies, vendors, and suppliers; write and/or edit communications copy; approve design and format.
8. Recommend and spearhead website updates and enhancements; partner with internal communications team and external vendors on execution.
9. Analyze and monitor industry, consumer, and competitor trends on an ongoing basis to ensure that Columbia Business School's programs are optimally positioned to maximize market share and revenue; identify market demand and customer requirements through research and other interactions with customers.
General Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience required. MBA preferred.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: Must demonstrate an existing command of marketing strategy, proven leadership experience, and management ability. Strong analytics skills including a thorough knowledge of web and media analytics (e.g. Google Analytics Google Adwords), and Excel modeling required. Must have the ability to understand complex processes, and the drive to utilize data and technology to advance marketing and sales efforts. Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required. The ideal candidate is a detailed oriented, self-starter who anticipates opportunities and challenges, takes initiative to identify and implement creative solutions, and works well under deadlines and pressure. Must be a strategic thinker with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities. Must be able to travel as necessary.
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.