The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for both the strategy and execution of all marketing, public relations, and communications activity at our successful and innovative Jewish high school. This hands-on leadership position will drive results for both admissions and development, while also enhancing the school’s image with a broad range of stakeholders—current and prospective students and families as well as members of the local and national educational and Jewish communities. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, and collaborating closely with our Director of Enrollment Management and Director of Development, the Marketing and Communications Manager will supervise one direct report while also contributing immediately and personally to the marketing effort.
• Plans and implements an integrated marketing and communications strategy that reflects Gann Academy’s mission and showcases its unique combination of strong academics, experiential learning, community building, and service leadership;
• Creates compelling digital and print messaging, public relations activities, and direct marketing campaigns for student recruitment and fundraising processes;
• Writes regular blog posts, newsletters, news releases, web content, and social media messages to build Gann’s reputation;
• Builds website and social media presence to connect current and prospective members of the Gann community to the work of the school;
• Manages and organizes key family communications, internal communications, and other print and on-line materials that reflect the identity and progress of the school;
• Creates and reinforces a solid brand identity and messaging;
• Supervises and develops one staff person as well as contracted resources as needed;
• Measures the results and efficiency of each marketing activity and our overall impact and effectiveness, and regularly shares metrics with stakeholders;
• Manages the marketing budget effectively and works creatively to maximize impact while minimizing spending; and
• Builds partnerships with leaders throughout the school, particularly those in the admissions and development teams.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• At least 7 Years of experience in marketing and communications;
• Experience managing strategy, programs, budgets, and people (employees and/or free-lancers) while also making significant personal contributions to project execution;
• Excellent writing and communications skills, including the ability to create compelling copy quickly;
• Strong understanding of social media, digital marketing, web analytics, and public relations;
• Strong project management and supervisory skills;
• Demonstrated leadership, creativity, and collaboration;
• Ability to think creatively with excellent judgment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
• Eager to work in a mission-focused non-profit organization and to seek maximum impact from limited resources; and
• Experience or understanding of educational, non-profit, and/or Jewish organizations is highly valued.