Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community and striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together. That's what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Under the direction of Senior Management, you will be responsible for supporting the greater efforts of the digital marketing team. You will be involved in optimizing our digital marketing programs and online reputation management by maintaining the listing integrity on our partner sites, immersing yourself in campaign analytics, managing content updates to our internal website, and presenting findings related to emerging media and technology trends. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. Expect to be challenged with a variety of assignments, from basic digital marketing support to strategic analysis to project-based work.
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledgeable. Through previous work and/or school experiences, you've been exposed to digital marketing campaigns and have been involved in projects supporting the performance of a website. You don't need to be an expert, but your experience with targeted online marketing campaigns and reputation management is what will help you quickly transition into this position.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work.
- Analytical. You see audits, data, and summary reports as a key resource, as they provide you with guidance and direction for your future decisions. You are comfortable researching trends, organizing data, and presenting your findings. Microsoft Excel is a tool you know how to leverage in order to successfully manipulate information into a user friendly format.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, demonstrating your ability to be articulate and understood. We want your thoughts and input, based on your research findings and competitive analysis!
- A Team Player. You enjoy partnering with others whether internal or external in order to get work done and deliver great results.
- Passionate. Motivated. Eager to Learn. You ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand. You invest extra energy to reach your goals. And when a special project arises, you volunteer.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide digital marketing support through report preparation, auditing, and tracking various internal and external programs.
- Manage listing integrity on external advertising channels, done through management of internal system content feeding to those locations.
- Support internal website optimization with web analytics, site research, and competitive analysis.
- Summarize campaign analytics across multiple channels, including social, email, referral, display, pay-per-click, pay-per-lease, and subscription sources.
- Recommend digital marketing program changes based on your research findings and emerging trend knowledge. Apply your analysis of program results for content updates and campaign adjustments.
- Become the internal expert on function, capability, and content for both internal and external sites.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners.
- Participate in special projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years of digital marketing experience.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (including PivotTables) and also be experienced with using Google Sheets.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with an ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize various responsibilities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills able to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Motivated to succeed with capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated involvement in projects supporting the performance of a company's website and/or digital campaign is preferred.
- Experience with Google Analytics is a plus, but not required.
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That's why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.