The Reagan-Udall Foundation for the FDA (RUF) is a non-profit organization that works to support the mission of the FDA by advancing regulatory science and research. RUF establishes public-private partnerships between FDA and external stakeholders to facilitate innovation in science and health.
RUF is seeking an entrepreneurial Director of Marketing and Communications with an interest in joining a small and growing team. This position would be ideal for a motivated individual interested in rolling up their sleeves, expanding their skills, and growing their career.
The Director of Marketing and Communications creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to the organizations communication, sales, and public relations efforts. The Director will focus on developing RUFs brand and will be responsible for designing print and electronic media products. The This position will work closely with the Director of Development to increase awareness of the organizations programs and products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direction of the Executive Director create a communications plan which increases brand and product/program awareness
- Develop and maintain an understanding of organizational priorities
- Develop and manage timelines for various communication activities to ensure strategic plans are carried out in a timely manner
- Support the execution of special fundraising events
- Implement strategies in support of individual programs
- Prepare pitches/presentations to support programs
- Develop campaign strategies, timelines, and an evaluation plan
- Prepare reports on communications/marketing progress
- Work with development staff to promote the organization to supporters
- Develop and implement communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public and supporters
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with both print and electronic media with the goal to inform and educate the public on organizational activities
- Manage the use of external vendors as they pertain to marketing and communications (e.g. advertising agencies, graphic designers, and printers)
- Create, implement and maintain a social media strategy for the organization and its programs
- Manage the coordination of a website(s) and become expert in website management including software management (e.g., WordPress)
- Write and edit content for the website, blogs, brochures, and print vehicles
- Create an annual report for partners, funders, and the public
- Manage and perform all activities for designing, modifying and maintaining all print and digital documents, websites and social media accounts for the organization
- Serve as writer/editor for the development, production and maintenance of the organizations communication vehicles (website, marketing materials, publications, newsletters, invitations, flyers, and advertisements)
- Design and send emails to promote events, products, programs, and news
- Monitor and manage social media channels and update regularly with fresh content
- Design and publish webpages for events, products, programs, and news
- Maintain webpage statistics to inform on any management issues
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree required; Graduate degree preferred
8-10 years’ communications experience gained at a non-profit; corporate or private foundation; higher education or healthcare institution. Familiarity with the pharmaceutical/biotechnology field preferred.
Candidates will need to submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Careers@reaganudall.org to apply for this position. No phone calls.