| Working in concert with the Director, Communications and Marketing and the Solutions Sales and Product Management teams, the Marketing Manager develops thoughtful and targeted marketing communications and promotional strategies for all CAQH initiatives. Develops and executes creative and actionable marketing tactics, including campaigns and supporting tools that engage and influence CAQH potential client organizations and other relevant audiences. This is a full time exempt position. |
RESPONSIBILITIES: • Works in concert with Director, Marketing and Communications and the Solutions teams to develop market research projects to understand target audiences, decision-makers and influencers for CAQH products and services. Conducts secondary (web-based) and supervises consultants and vendors for primary research projects. Analyses results to make strategic and tactical recommendations to shape marketing communications campaigns.
• Coordinating with other Communication and Marketing team staff and Solutions teams, creates effective and compelling product positioning, messaging and sales tools that are understood and used throughout the organization. Implements product marketing plans, campaigns and projects.
• Defines and develops marketing content, including collateral materials, website, blog and social media, working closely with the Sr. Communications Manager on content and messaging. Writes and produces engaging, clear, concise and aesthetically-pleasing marketing publications.
• Writes fact sheets and creates other promotional tools for CAQH products and initiatives for use by CAQH staff, sales and account management associates. Creates “elevator pitches” and PowerPoint presentations to assist the sales team.
• Promotes participation in trade and other industry events, and evaluates potential opportunities to ensure CAQH is featured at relevant conferences and trade shows. Works with Sr. Communications Manager to identify speaking opportunities for CAQH staff and stakeholders at these events. Develops abstracts to secure speaking roles and assists CAQH speakers in developing presentations. Develops tradeshow displays, collateral marketing materials and visual aids to promote greater understanding of CAQH programs.
• Obtains client testimonials for CAQH products and initiatives; identify client success stories and create appropriate case studies and collateral.
• Conducts advertising needs assessment, including anticipated ROI on various advertising proposals. Determines advertising mediums and coordinates with Sr. Communications Manager on content and messaging. Tracks and analyzes results for impact and ROI; recommends changes as warranted.
• Coordinates with business development and sales support functions to support a unified, informed and satisfying selling experience for the customer.
• Establishes metrics and evaluation tools prior to the launch of marketing initiatives, and reports on the outcomes of those measures. Elicits and evaluates member and stakeholder reactions to CAQH programs as one measure of the success of each marketing initiative. Refines marketing programs based on evaluation.
• Participates in the development, coordination and promotion of periodic CAQH conferences for external stakeholders, including working with the Sr. Manager, Communications on topic/speaker selection and content development. • Supports the Director, Communications and Marketing in Board and committee reporting, monthly accrual updates and vendor relations. Assists the Director with annual planning and budgeting process. Creates and manages the budget for assigned projects and areas of responsibility.
• Manages and sustains positive relationships with consultants and agencies.
• Works closely and in partnership with all members of the Communications and Marketing team to achieve overarching CAQH marketing communications objectives and to ensure clear and consistent messaging.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: • None at present. This role does have oversight of external vendors, agencies and consultants.
SKILLS: • Proven ability to work across groups and disciplines to collaborate and create persuasive marketing materials for complex technical products. Excellent writer of succinct, engaging, understandable prose that explains complex topics. Experience in executing successful marketing communications programs to successful outcomes.
• Deep understanding of the healthcare IT marketplace.
• Strong analytical capabilities to analyze target audience research and develop sound marketing strategies. Experience with creative execution using a variety of marketing tools and communications channels.
• Ability to set priorities and manage projects, completing them on-time and on-budget. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively juggle competing priorities.
• Ability to handle responsibilities and relationships within CAQH and among stakeholders with poise, tact, resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
• Comfortable speaking in groups and delivering presentations.
• Proficiency in the MS Office Suite, including strong skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
EXPERIENCE: • Eight or more years of marketing experience within B2B and healthcare IT.
EDUCATION: • Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in a related field is desirable.