A well established fundraising organization with an annual operating budget of more than
$25 million, Catholic Extension uniquely contributes to the growth and vibrancy of the Church in the U.S. by strategically investing in poor mission dioceses to unleash the power of faith that transforms hearts, lives and society.
Over the years, Catholic Extension has distributed more than $500 million to build strong communities of faith so that Catholics in these areas have the tools to inspire hope and ignite change. Activities and programs supported include: subsidies for church leaders doing pastoral and social ministry; support for college campus ministry and youth outreach; construction and renovation of churches and facilities; and funding for the education of lay and ordained leaders.
Catholic Extension has a talented and experienced staff of 40+ employees who work in a dynamic, fast-paced office environment and team-focused culture. Catholic Extension’s headquarters is located in Chicago’s loop centrally located to public transportation. See Catholic Extension’s website for more information: www.catholicextension.org.
Manager of Marketing and Communications
Catholic Extension’s Strategic Communications department works to advance the message and mission of Catholic Extension to diverse audiences – both committed donors and those who are new to the organization. The Communications department strategically integrates marketing initiatives, which include broadcast media, public relations, digital communications and publishing to strengthen the organization’s reputation, visibility, brand and message. About 100,000 households follow Catholic Extension and more than half of these subscribers are regular supporters.
Reporting to the Vice President of Content, the Manager of Marketing & Communications is responsible for executing the broadcast, marketing, advertising and public relations plan for Catholic Extension. The manager’s primary role is project manager for video production and distribution, advertising and brand standards; however, he or she also will write marketing copy and assist with internal requests for marketing support and projects.
The Manager of Marketing and Communications is a newly created role designed to build capacity on a team of six. Specific duties and estimated time allocation for each responsibility are as follows:
Video production and distribution – (55%)
- Help plan and manage projects and timelines for video production, including multiple broadcast episodes annually, multiple short pieces for news magazines and other programs. Manage pre-production, production and post-production to ensure objectives and timelines are met and projects stay within their established budget.
- Coordinate and participate in video asset management.
- Manage all aspects of video distribution, including:
- Liaison to existing cable, broadcast and streaming outlets
- Identify and pursue new distribution outlets
- Explore and establish new distribution into dioceses
Advertising – (15%)
- Build on Catholic Extension’s current advertising plan.
- Manage creative for Catholic Extension advertising in print, online and video.
- Serve as liaison to outside media for advertising.
Public and media relations – (15%)
- Serve as liaison between internal stakeholders and external public relations partners to ensure accurate and compelling messages are conveyed in a timely manner.
Marketing and special projects – (10%)
- Write copy for marketing and communications projects, usually originating in the office of fundraising and development, as needed.
Brand standards and guidelines – (5%)
- Assist all departments with implementation of brand standards and guidelines.
- Update brand standards and guidelines as needed.
Additionally, the Manager of Marketing & Communications will be a role model for integrity, fiscal responsibility and ethical behavior in a way that embodies the values of Catholic Extension:
- Serve as a valued member of the team, working cooperatively with others on the team and throughout the organization.
- Be a role model for integrity, fiscal responsibility, ethical behavior and managerial excellence that supports Catholic Extension’s mission.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.