JCYS seeks a highly motivated professional to serve as its Manager of Marketing & Communications. This individual develops, manages and implements a robust content marketing strategy in support of the agency’s mission with the goal of increasing JCYS’s brand exposure across platforms and target audiences. He/she will write and deliver content to JCYS’s target audiences through email, website, social media, company blog and other channels.
Create and post content
• In coordination with center director staff, write value-added long-form content (blogs) offering thought leadership, information, resources, and the JCYS experienced perspective
• Share long form content on social media channels
• Share videos and pictures (with written permission from parents/guardians) that present JYCS staff and programs as warm, fun, and whole-family-oriented
Cross promotion with other community organizations
• Create a reciprocal arrangement in which JCYS and other community organizations promote events and programs
• Reciprocity arrangement to tag/communicate with other organizations or l local businesses
Build relationships through regular interaction with mom bloggers and community members with social influence
Interact with followers on social media
• Like followers’ photos and posts
• Post pictures of events
Generate targeted advertising and promoted social posts to audiences in target demographics with relevant interests, in target zip codes, with desired demographic and behavioral attributes
• Use promotional offers and coupons to drive WOM and social media engagements
• Create reports using social media analytics (Google, Facebook, etc.) and present reports to board of directors
Community Partnerships & Outreach
• Partner with HR departments of companies in the area of JCYS centers to create programs where companies subsidize or promote JCYS enrollment for their employees
• Develop events and content in partnership with mission-aligned community organizations
• Build relationships with real estate agents and key members of JCYS communities and community groups
• If beneficial, identify neighborhood events (festivals, block parties, family events, etc.) at which to have a JCYS table as well as social media presence
Identify potential “parent ambassadors” who can speak about JCYS programs and the impact they have had on their children and families.
• Encourage these parents to participate in tours of JCYS centers, school-hosted coffees or to host coffees (or gatherings) in their neighborhoods in order engage with identify and engage parents in their social groups and communities who are less familiar/unfamiliar with JCYS.
• Engage them in social media promotion of/engagement with JCYS.
This position will also be point on all internal communications and press releases and will assist, when necessary, with video production, photography, and onsite event support.