EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in information management, computer science, marketing analytics or other relevant discipline, or equivalent visual design and management experience
- 5+ years of experience in database management within an organization or team that had influence over marketing or membership
- Experience using a CRM system
- Experience working in associations or non-profit environments
- Strong curiosity about data trends and information and how it can inform membership/marketing decisions for retention, acquisition and engagement
- Driven to provide excellent customer service and the ability to build internal and external relationships that facilitate organizational goals and objectives
- Knowledge of data gathering methodology and data input, management communications, and analysis
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including intermediate to advanced level usage of Access and Excel. Knowledge of descriptive statistics and statistical software a plus
- Effective interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with volunteers in leadership roles
- Experience with an enterprise-wide database systems (knowledge of Microsoft CRM a plus)
- Experience performing and/or coordinating data loads and extracts
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, use technology to improve workflow and work productively in a collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional demeanor and effective interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead teams in a collaborative effort to project completion
- Proven ability to prioritize, execute, and delegate project tasks; conform to shifting priorities; and mentor team members and co-workers as appropriate
- Ability to build support for projects from decision makers where needed/appropriate
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic CRM is desired
- Experience with affiliate or chapter-based organizations
- Work is performed in a professional office environment; general office hours are 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Position may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends for special programs and/or events
- Incumbents routinely uses standard office equipment including computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- This is a largely sedentary role. Routine activities and special events may require the ability to lift files, packages and related materials weighing up to 20 lbs and to bend or stand as necessary.
- Position requires ≤ 10% travel domestically
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contributions to a highly relevant and important mission, please visit www.pta.org. Please send a cover letter with your salary requirements, resume, and a writing sample with your application to Sandra Armenta, Director of HR. Please include Manager, Database Marketing in the subject line.
Our generous benefits package includes: medical, dental, disability and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, retirement plan with employer matching contribution, 10 days of paid vacation, paid winter break between December 23 and January 2, 12 days of accrued paid sick leave, with additional 3 days of personal leave and 10 paid holidays. A really fun staff that is driven to support our mission.
The National PTA is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local laws.