“Because not all great minds think alike.” This simple statement sums up the impetus for the creation of Chartwell School in 1983. Chartwell’s mission is to empower bright students with language-based learning differences (such as dyslexia) to thrive in college, careers and beyond. Our 60 acre campus, located in Seaside CA, attracts students from across the region.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, collaborative Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Admissions is responsible for the overall admissions department and functions as an integral part of the School’s Senior Leadership Team. This is a full-time 12- month position that offers medical benefits and a salary range of $65-85,000.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of the learning profiles of students with language based learning differences like dyslexia
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communications or a related field
- Experience of working within the private education sector
- A track record of delivering success in a marketing related setting
- Thorough understanding of traditional and emerging marketing & communication channels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and diplomacy skills
- The ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- A solutions-orientated and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Budget management skills and financial aid proficiency
- Ability to maintain/update websites, admissions-based applications and social media platform
- Reliable transportation and the ability to lift 50 lbs
Working in a warm, collegial, and consensus-building manner with faculty, students, parents, alumni, staff, volunteers and other members of the Chartwell community, the Admissions Director will be responsible for:
- Designing and overseeing all admissions & re-enrollment activities
- The development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing and positioning strategy
- Attracting new families and students
- Effectively communicate the schools numerous successes to internal and external markets
- Maintain accurate recruitment, retentions and admissions records
- Serve as the first point of contact for all new parents and prospective students
- Serve as an "Ambassador" for the school and promote the Chartwell mission, vision and programs
- Working with the financial aid committee to oversee the administration of financial aid
- Working closely with parent ambassadors to assist in admission process
- Compile and report marketing and admissions data to the school leadership team
- Ensure high quality service standards
- Foster a culture of aspiration and continuous improvement
- Champion the aspirations of our students and school community
Please e-mail your resume with a description of why you think you would be a great fit with Chartwell to firstname.lastname@example.org Please quote “Admissions Director” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.
Thank you for your interest in Chartwell School. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.