About the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University:
The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University develops brave leaders who inspire growth in people, organizations and markets. Based just outside of Chicago, the school is a global leader in management education, renowned for its distinctive thought leadership and pioneering approach to learning. Kellogg offers an innovative portfolio of programs: four Full-Time MBA programs including the accelerated One-Year MBA and Two-Year MBA options, and joint degree programs with the engineering and law schools; a Part-Time MBA Program; the premier Executive MBA global network; and extensive non-degree Executive Education programs.
The primary role of the Director, Marketing – Alumni and Donor Relations is to provide direction and thought leadership to develop strategic goals and plans to the marketing, communications, and public relations efforts of the Kellogg Alumni Relations and Advancement departments, lead the development of communications strategy (print, email, social media, events), and enhance the marketing effort for engaging Kellogg alumni.
Please Note: Occasional travel
- Develop, direct and execute the overall marketing, communications, branding, and social media strategies for the Kellogg Alumni Community
- Work with the Kellogg Chief Marketing and Communications Officers teams to create an overall communications plan, including marketing collateral and content creation for both print and digital media, consistent with Kellogg brand standards and academic values.
- Serve as an integral part of Kellogg’s Chief Marketing Officer’s senior staff to ensure close collaboration and strategic alignment between Marketing, Communications, Advancement, and other Kellogg departments to maximize reach and tie-in opportunities.
- Act as a business partner with Alumni Relations and Advancement groups Senior Leaders in the development and implementation of the departments’ strategic marketing and communications vision.
- Optimize the spending for marketing communications budgets associated with Alumni and Donor Relations.
- Through strategic marketing and communications programs, increase engagement in alumni activities, (e.g. club events, reunion, admissions support), and increase annual fund giving.
- Identify and implement short- and long-term strategies and plans to meet program goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.”
- 8-10 years marketing/communications experience.
- Excellent ability to work collaboratively within a team, across groups, and one on one.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment and collaborate closely with others.
- Well-organized with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong writing skills; ability to distill complex academic information into consumer-friendly marketing communications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interact well with program participants (executive), faculty, and client stakeholders.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Graduate degree, such as MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing or Communications, is strongly preferred.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.