The Robert & Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts strives to provide the highest quality performing arts experiences for the University of Denver and the Colorado community. Each year the Newman Center for the Performing Arts hosts nearly 500 events serving more than 100,000 people from the community. The Newman Center's four stages feature performances of instrumental and vocal music from classical, alternative classical, jazz, pop, and countless world traditions, spoken theater, dance, and opera. Presenting an eclectic, innovative, and entertaining mix of emerging artists and seasoned performers, The Newman Center works to expand and enrich the community's cultural experiences.
The Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications directs the Newman Center's overall marketing efforts, including the production of print and electronic advertising, social media content and collateral materials specific to promotion of ticket sales, concert attendance, fundraising, education, community engagement programs and other external relationships. In addition, this position oversees public relations strategy and communications and works to develop the Newman Center brand through strategic communications with the media, ticket buyers, donors and community constituents.
- Develop, implement and evaluate all marketing and PR efforts for the Newman Center for the Performing Arts.
- Oversee the creation and traffic flow of Newman Center marketing and promotional collateral materials.
- Write, edit and proof ad copy for Newman Center print and electronic advertising.
- Interface with media outlets to ensure timely placement of all advertising.
- Work closely with the Executive Director to develop goals and success metrics for sales and PR strategy.
- Manage e-marketing and regular communications with patrons and community.
- Oversee Newman Center web content and design.
- Oversee public relations strategy and implementation including communications with media, press releases and social media strategy; maintains archive of press clippings and press coverage.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop the budget for marketing and PR initiatives; monitors the marketing and PR budget on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage one part-time assistant, student employees, interns and other student experiential learning.
- Work Newman Center events as necessary.