Eligibility- Coverage begins the first day of the month following the date of hire. If the date of hire is the first working day of the month, coverage begins immediately. Spouse or same-sex domestic partner, and dependent children are eligible for coverage.
Cost- The majority of insurance premiums are covered by the college. Employee premiums vary with plan choice and dependent coverage. Insurance premiums are deducted from employees' paychecks. The premium amount depends on the plan they choose and the dependents they cover.
Medical Insurance- Choose from managed care plans under Group Health or the preferred provider plans under Uniform Medical. The Health Care Authority offers a Medical Benefits Comparison on its website.If you enrolled in a Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP) for 2012, you will also be enrolled in an Health Savings Account (HSA).HealthEquity, Inc. is the qualified trustee that will manage the HSAs for Group Health and Uniform Medical.
Dental Insurance- Choose from managed care plans under DeltaCare (administered by Washington Dental Service) or Willamette or the preferred provider plan under Uniform Dental. The Health Care Authority offers a Dental Benefits Summary on its website.
Transforming lives through exemplary, nationally recognized educational and career pathways
The Board, employees, and students of our college value:
Collaboration and Communication
- We promote respectful collaboration, communication, and interaction among students and employees.
- We develop and maintain a safe, healthy, and professional environment that fosters creativity, innovation, learning, and personal growth.
Responsibility and Accountability
- We manage our resources with efficiency and integrity to ensure the long-term health of the college.
- We infuse sustainable and transparent practices throughout all aspects of the college's operations and programs.
Innovation and Creativity
- We continuously seek opportunities to improve the quality of our lives, the college, our community, and the world.
- We explore, create, and evaluate in order to improve.
Diversity, Respect, and Inclusion
- We celebrate the individuality and diversity of our students and colleagues, as well as the diversity of our college, community, nation, and world.
- We require equity and mutual respect.
Edmonds Community College offers opportunities to integrate knowledge and skills in order to reason clearly; communicate and interact respectfully; explore critically and creatively; and act responsibly. Emphasizing these core, college-wide abilities provides a consistent educational focus that encourages students and members of the college community to develop knowledge, habits, and skills for lifelong learning.
Students, who earn any of our two-year degrees or shorter-term certificates, have many opportunities across the curriculum to develop and apply college-wide abilities in preparation for their roles in an increasingly diverse, information-driven society.
Integrated and Strategic Planning
Edmonds Community College's mission statement helps direct and inform the college's planning efforts and resource allocation processes. The college's strategic plan is implemented through broad-based constituency groups known as Strategic Planning Councils. The strategic plan assists the college in achieving its vision.
Operational-level planning is completed through the college's SIMPLE Plan framework (with SIMPLE standing for:Strategic, Informed, Measurable Process Leading to Effectiveness). SIMPLE plans tie together program profiles, assessments, and goals. Both strategic and operational-level planning are aligned with the college's core themes, objectives, and strategic goals – all of which are mapped to the college's mission statement and definition of mission fulfillment.
Accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges.