Join our team at VISIT FLORIDA, the official tourism marketing corporation for the State of Florida, as an International Marketing Manager. We are seeking someone who is passionate about Florida and about international audience-specific strategic marketing and advertising that drive awareness, engagement and conversion in target markets of focus around the world, including the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil and China. You will be responsible for, and make an impact in, the following ways:
• Participate with the Director of International Marketing to develop international strategic and operational plans that identify and provide direction for the implementation of short-term and long-term work of the organization’s integrated marketing team.
• Evaluate marketing and advertising partnership proposals from tourism destination marketing organizations, online travel agencies, airlines, tour operators, transportation companies, and consumer and trade publications, and negotiate deliverables, pricing, terms and conditions to ensure the highest return on investment for VISIT FLORIDA and participating partners.
• Manage international audience campaigns, supported by activities of internal channel leads and external agencies, to produce materials and execute campaigns in alignment with the overall marketing strategy. This includes driving work plans and timelines, tracking budget expenditure, communicating progress with all stakeholder groups, providing tactical support to cross-functional teams and working directly with brand consulting agencies, marketing partners, industry partners or other agencies.
• Participate with the research, brand, media and creative teams to define related campaign plan details. Manage timelines, deadlines and the development of creative and review process for designs and monitor the completion of deliverables.
• Act as the organization’s resource for information relating to results and other key performance indicators accrued throughout international advertising campaigns, sharing information internally and with partners and responding to related inquiries.
• Develop and enhance relationships with business-to-business clients, destination marketing organizations and attractions partners.
Required Skills and Experience For this position, we require 4-6 years of experience in a marketing department or agency, or creative production capacity, within a consumer facing industry along with a Bachelor’s degree. Travel: 15-20% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications • 5+ years of experience in marketing or communications within a travel and tourism trade sales or marketing organization • 5+ years of experience managing external marketing or communications consultants and/or agencies • Extensive project planning skills, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, superior attention to detail and strong organizational skills. • Knowledge and experience in working with a variety of advertising media, including digital, social, print, OOH, radio and television. • Strong team player with the ability to work collaboratively, provide constructive feedback and input to staff, manage up effectively, as well as operate independently. • Takes initiative and has a proactive mindset of continuous improvement. • Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal and written communication skills. • Flexibility and strength in dealing with tight deadlines and rapidly changing environment. • Data-driven, results-oriented and curious about what drives consumer and trade marketing performance. • A problem solver, able to determine what is important and urgent, balancing shifting priorities to meet deadlines and achieve results. • Creative, persistent and agile. • Travel industry experience is a plus.
Additional Salary Information: Discover what it is like to be a part of a team that promotes the gorgeous Sunshine State. Love what you do and join us! Apply now: https://www.visitflorida.org/careers. Deadline for application is December 21, 2018.
About Visit Florida - Tallahassee, FL
VISIT FLORIDA’s vision is to establish Florida as the No. 1 travel destination in the world. As the state’s official destination marketing organization, VISIT FLORIDA plans and implements a variety of initiatives such as integrated marketing campaigns, cooperative advertising programs, travel trade events, consumer shows, and public relations activities. VISIT FLORIDA also works closely with travel agents, tour operators, meeting planners, and is responsible for operating Florida's five Official Welcome Centers.
VISIT FLORIDA builds strategic marketing platforms that align the collective interests of the Florida tourism industry and provides integrated marketing opportunities for the industry to leverage. Through this partnership, VISIT FLORIDA proudly serves more than 12,000 tourism industry businesses including major strategic alliance partnerships.
VISIT FLORIDA has a dedicated team of 140 staff who all work together towards the common goal to maximize the economic impact of travel and tourism to Florida. We are looking for more bright individuals to join our energized work culture. To learn more, go to VISITFLORIDA.org/careers